Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thoughts...

Sometimes, I make a conscious effort of not raking up my past. But my past with its somewhat eclectic blend of sad and happy moments seems to assert its existence as if it is very much a part of me.
Fretting about past mistakes lands one nowhere. At the same time, thinking about the happy moments makes one yearn for more of them.
Sometimes I find myself harboring weird thoughts….
While in my early teens, I found myself sympathizing with Timothy McVeigh. He was the Oklahoma bomber who was executed by lethal injection. Though he claimed so many innocent lives, I found myself feeling sorry for his plight. As a child, he had been bullied in the playground so much so that, he went on to develop a deep hatred for anyone who wielded power over the weak.
Circumstances can make a Judas out of a Jesus. Legend has it that, the same person who posed as baby Jesus for Michaelangelo’s painting, grew up to be his model for Judas.
Right and wrong, good and bad, seem so much relative at times. But great thinkers like Bertrand Russel have argued that “We say a thing is good when on its own account, it ought to exist and bad when on its own account it ought not to exist.”

Perspectives changed as I grew up. Condoning a wrong act is an offence in itself. It is not that I have never wronged and have always been wronged against. Sometimes I have hurt the ones who are closest to me. Being headstrong has proved suicidal for me sometimes, as much as it has helped me on a few occasions.
Sometimes, my acts are aimed at alleviating my pain temporarily, often disregarding the long term consequences. I find myself being swept by the wave of my emotions. The heart has overpowered the mind on countless occasions. The best I can hope for is, learn and learn………..

No comments: