Wednesday, June 10, 2009

DO NOT SAY GOODBYE!!


This dialogue from Rang de Basanti suddenly seemed to be of great relevance:
“College ke us taraf hum life ko nachate hai , aur college ke is taraf life humko nachati hai…”
2 a.m. , 26th May, 2009….Yes, that was the moment I had to bid goodbye to the finest phase of my life. Friends were there to help me out till the last moment in Jaipur.. ……The train started to whistle away from the platform, so did the leaves in the precious bunch of memories that these four years had quietly placed, in a corner of my heart…They all started to appear before me, as if in a flashback…
Barring the scorching heat of the summer, I was in love with the pink city. There could have been no better place for me to spend these memorable years.
I had always preferred to look beyond the linguistic, cultural and provincial demarcations. I feel lucky to have been in a place, which was a conglomeration of people from different parts of the country. These four years have been a roller coaster ride for me. It has shown me several faces of life, I had been a stranger to, earlier.
I have reveled in those small conquests….. I have fought with close friends over trivial matters....
I have cried in anxiety and often found a shoulder to share my angst with… I felt relieved when those night-outs during exams got over, swearing to study beforehand from the next time, only to break it the next day…..
I have eagerly waited for the birthday parties and hangouts,
felt overjoyed at a friend’s success…. at times got overridden with guilt and failure..
I met people who were like angels…It seemed I had run the entire gamut of emotions in this short span…. short? Yeah…didn’t it pass away in a jiffy? Wish we could again live and re-live those moments before the fear of the unknown could have gripped us…
Of course my friends were the ones who made these years so beautiful and parting all the more painful.
The last semester was the most eventful of all…The farewells, the birthday celebrations, those long conversations, trekking early in the morning….all seem so surreal now…
Thanks to the initiatives taken by few of our friends, we have loads of memories to cherish.. All of us are so unique in our own way..that made it all the more special…
The acts which seemed stupidity at some point of time are now reasons for us to smile..
It seems unlikely that life will give me better friends…
Can’t we assure ourselves that we will meet again? Our biggest foes, distance and time will have to bow before the bond of our friendship…Lets make them, merely a circumstance , not a determining factor…
One of my finest friends, loves this saying from Shawshank Redemption..
“hope is a good thing…may be the best of things..and no good thing ever dies…”
I will hope against all hopes that wherever we stay, we will remain as close as ever and continue to stand by each other till death do us part…
So,
“ban ke sahara ik duje ka…yunhi chalte rhe…”

3 comments:

chetna samant said...

beautiful! d post and d time that passed by..

;-)
all d same, hope we all meet...again!

ddddd said...

all i can say is we will meet again...!!
the post brought back the memories of some of the moments that were fading away...
khair, nothing's gonna change the bond we share... coz, as said earlier "hum hum hain, kyunki hun sang hain..."

ddddd said...

the last one was me...
Rohit mIshra
mera naam pata nain kyun aisa aa raha hai...